Radiator Antifreeze/Coolant Service
Engines must maintain the correct temperature to work properly. The design of your engine cooling system is to carry heat away from the engine. Good operation is achieved by circulating coolant around the components where heat is generated. Then, the heat cools down in the radiator.
Importantly to avoid overheating and freezing, your engine cooling system needs just the right amount and mixture of antifreeze/coolant and water. Also, antifreeze and coolant inhibit rust and corrosion in the cooling system.
Our services include:
- Looking at the radiator and radiator hoses for leaks
- Evacuating the old antifreeze/coolant
- Refiling your cooling system with the right type and amount of antifreeze/coolant
A Radiator Cap, also known as a “pressure cap”, will control the pressure in the cooling system. The cap may be mounted on the radiator filler neck or on top of the coolant reservoir. Our radiator/pressure cap replacement services include:
- We inspect for antifreeze/coolant leaks and/or damage at the radiator/pressure cap to filler neck or reservoir seals
Our technicians then visually inspect the cap for cracks, seal or thread damage, tab retention damage
- We pressure test the cap to make sure it holds the proper pressure as designed
- Then, we replace the radiator/pressure cap with a new one that meets OEM specifications